One of the most exciting aspects of contemporary performance is artists’ increasing eschewal of discipline categories. At the same time, often those artists who most boldly defy categorization are in deep dialogue with tradition. They’re looking forward after having had a long look back.
MAP invites you to explore the 2015 grantee projects through both the lens of discipline, and as unique instances on the electrifying spectrum of contemporary performance.
Below are the 2015 MAP grantee projects that identify as dance based:
- Boulder County Arts Alliance for The Rehearsal Artist by Michelle Ellsworth
- DC Wheel Productions, Inc. / dba Dance Place for antithesis by Gesel Mason
- Fractured Atlas, Inc. for BLACK GIRL: Linguistic Play by Camille A. Brown and Scott Patterson
- Inta, Inc. for A Body in Places by Eiko Otake and William Johnston
- Khmer Arts Academy for Beloved by Prumsodun Ok
- LACE (Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions) for O Solitude, My sweetest choice! by Radhouane El Meddeb
- Links Hall, Inc. for Buffer Overrun (working title) by Ginger Krebs
- New York Live Arts for DISCOTROPIC by niv Acosta
- New York Live Arts for he his own mythical beast (working title) by David Thomson
- On the Boards for Clear & Sweet by Zoe Scofield and Juniper Shuey
- Performance Zone, INc. / The Field for OTRO TEATRO: An Epilogue by luciana achugar
- Queer Cultural Center for Chronic by Keith Hennessy
- Spectrum Dance Theater for Rap on Race by Donald Byrd