Here’s what you need to complete your 2017 MAP Fund Application in Round Two:
1. EMAIL INVITATION TO SUBMIT A ROUND TWO FORM (sent January 4, 2017)
2. PROJECT BUDGET
- You must use MAP’s template, which is available HERE.
- MAP encourages applicants to provide the “ideal” budget necessary to realize the project’s artistic vision. The budget should reflect all costs from idea conception to initial “premiere.” This includes income and expenses that you may have already spent prior to the grant period.
- The request amount should be up to 30% of the total project budget or $50,000, whichever is less. A calculation for the MAP request is included in the budget template. The award minimum is $10,000 and the maximum is $50,000.
- Panelists do not play a role in determining award amounts.
3. PROJECT BUDGET NARRATIVE (250 words or less)
- Rather than itemized expense and income details (such as $2.05 for gaff tape, for example), please applicant’s record with pending income sources:
- Have you received the support previously?
- Is it reasonable to expect the support at roughly the same level again?
- If you use crowdsourcing, have you achieved your target goal in the past?
- Any other anomalies or contingency plans you want to point out?
4. APPLICANT ORGANIZATION ANNUAL BUDGET RANGE (select one)
- Your selection gives panelists a better sense of the size of the nonprofit organization, which is applying on behalf of the project.
5. LETTER OF AGREEMENT (for fiscally sponsored projects only)
- MAP requires proof of contractual agreement between fiscal sponsors and sponsored applicants.
- The Letter of Agreement (LOA) should be submitted on the fiscal sponsor’s letterhead and mutually signed by both parties.
- The LOA should state that fiscally sponsored applicants are aware of the sponsors’ deadlines, administrative fees, policies, and procedures in the event of a grant award.
- Sponsors who do not have a boilerplate with this information are welcome to reach out to MAP staff for letter drafting support.
- MAP staff will notify sponsors concerning which applicants have been invited to Round Two, and will confirm that sponsored applicants have formal commitments.
6. PROJECT DESCRIPTION (1000 words)
- The description has increased from 500 to 1000 words since Round One should you choose to make any updates. Changes are not necessary.
7. ARTIST STATEMENTS (250 words or less each)
- There are three fields available. If you named one lead artist in Round One, you must include one artist statement written from that artist’s point of view. The statements should frame the artist’s passion for pursuing this particular project.
- It is also helpful when statements locate this work inside of a larger trajectory (is it deepening a practice? deviating from one? etc.), and/or offer a little more insight into the choice of collaborators and partners.
OPTIONAL: EDIT ROUND ONE MATERIALS
Changes to your Round One materials are not required. However, you may opt to edit or update any information you provided previously. Please email email@example.com before the deadline on February 21, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
Round Two applicants will receive notification by April 30, 2017. If you do not receive a notification by that date, please check your junk and spam email folders.